|Located in the south part of the city adjacent to Givat Oranim and Katamonim, San Simon was the site of the fierce battle with the Iraqi Arabs within the Greek Orthodox monastery that was built in 1859. From this point, the Arabs were able to control south Jerusalem.
Today, there are high-rise buildings, seven to eight stories high, as well as small homes. The beautiful San Simon Park allows a shortcut to Old Katamon.
The residents today are secular and national religious, mainly Israeli, French and American. There is a Young Israel-style synagogue on Ben Baba Street.